Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here I am up at one a.m. trying to decide what to write about. I need to brag about Lydia, she has moved up to Level 2 in gymnastics. She seems to really enjoy doing it. I am excited for her. Acacia has taken time off from gymnastics because of basketball. Acacia enjoys being part of a team, but isn't quite sure what to think of that ball coming at her, duck and run, mostly. She has a pretty good shot when she is not being blocked. She is so sweet and when her team beat her best friends team she felt bad for them. I on the other hand was thinking it was a freaking awesome win, in your face, nah-nah, but I kept that all in my head. Acacia is so completely embarrassed by me at the games cause I cheer to loud. I seriously should not watch sports, I get into it too much. Well, most sports, I can't get into T-Ball, but this summer I am going to try. I like coach pitch and what-not, but t-ball, I just can't do it. The girls will both be out for soccer this spring, the only downfall to soccer is it is usually freezing cold weather. I don't do cold so I usually watch from the car, I am not the best soccer mom, but I'm going to try harder to suck it up and sit on the freezing bench, or grass, or chair or whatever I can find to freezerburn my ass to.
I just realized I want to spell freeze with an a, as in freaze. I swear I am losing all abilities to read and write and spell. Probably due to mind mush caused from my children's constant needs.
Jeff shaved random bald spots in his head this week. Anyone who thinks Jeff is mild mannered, let me tell you, his alter ego is one crazy dude. Of course he was trying to pull off the new look for spring, Mange. He is actually just a dork who was putting the shit on one of the guys he works with. I guess that went well, he didn't get shanked.
My puppies are all doing well, they are just so flippin' adorable. Annabelle is the little girl, she is a fat roly-poly of a pup. Amos the brown one has a home in Hutch and will be ready to move in two weeks and R.J. is the black runt of the litter. They are on their way to being potty trained, I am working on it big time.
So, I have made a really hard decision. My sweet kitty Socrates has to be put to sleep. He is only ten months old, but I have put a lifetime of care into this cat. I know some people think I am crazy for loving my animals, but my children love them too. The children are going to experience loss for the first time, they don't quite understand, but they are saddened to think Socks won't be with us anymore. Anyone who has encountered Socks pretty much can't help but fall in love, it's hard not to when you see him sway across the floor and do his Stevie Wonder impersonation. It will be hard saying good-bye but at least I know he will go to kitty heaven.







No comments:


Chaos at the kitten zoo

Chaos at the kitten zoo