Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa Has Left the Building

Well, Christmas has come and gone. My children were blessed with many awesome gifts and Acacia fell to the floor when she realized Santa brought her a Nintendo DS for Christmas. It sure makes a person happy to see their child that excited and appreciative about the gift they received. Lydia and Tyson were equally excited, Tyson was just really tired after a long night on Christmas Eve. We had to wake him up to see the gifts from Santa and he fell to the floor by the tree in exhaustion, poor kid. Lydia got a doll house that comes with the whole family and I think maybe even the neighbors, just kidding. She loved it. Of course the goofy gifts that I wrapped up were a big hit also, such as the nasty teeth, whoopie cushions and other fun things that kids just can't get enough of. Lydia was so excited when she opened her "fart toy", nothing brings joy to those around you like flatulence, those are the holiday sounds that we all look forward too.

I was just glad to spend 4 days off from work, the one down fall to being your own boss is there are no paid holidays. Oh well, I have a lot of freedom otherwise. I spent Friday and Saturday cleaning the house and making lots of treats for my family and friends that wanted to get together and get their drink on. I have got a wonderful group of girlfriends that love to have fun with me and one of them moved to Texas, got married and is getting ready to have a baby, so we celebrated her being home along with my little brother being back. I had a really good time and managed to only offend my dad, so what is new, I guess I have been doing that for ooohhhh about 34 years now. Mom says we act just alike and I do not disagree with her, and my mini-me will probably be in therapy 29 years from now trying to resolve her issues too. I don't go to a therapist, but my clients and I give each other therapy, its a lot cheaper and a whole lot more fun. Once again another reason to love my job.

Well, I wish you all a Happy New Year with lots of wonderful things to come!

1 comment:

Huber Family said...

I wish I lived closer so I could join the "therapy" group = ) Glad you all had a great Christmas~!


Chaos at the kitten zoo

Chaos at the kitten zoo